Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Think I've Found It!

Busy times these days! I'm on a fund raising committee at my girls school and have been planning the upcoming meetings to organize the event, round up volunteers and get parents to come spend lots of money! It can be difficult in this economy.
Last Friday was my day to spend with my sister and best friend. We could have fun laughing and talking about anything, anywhere..doing just about anything! We love to travel! Suzie has been in the business for many, many years so we have enjoyed many "Girl Trips" with just the two of us and many with friends and family. Last year was a cRaAZzy Vegas trip with about 7 of us. She lined up limos and dinners for us. We were taking our niece out there for the first time and with her looks and all that cuteness in a two piece she arranged some VIP suites at some night clubs through our very accomodating cabana boys! I use the term "boys" loosely..ahh to be 20 something again!! Not really though..I have a wonderful cabana boy (man) here at home. We have a neighborhood pool and he is quite the bartender/caterer poolside. I love a man that can pack a cooler of cheese,sausage,cocktails and juice boxes too for our lil peeps! Can you tell I'm so over Winter and I'm dreaming of warmer weather. Will it ever arrive??
Anywho..on to my "Girl Friday Outing"
My chair project is progressing nicely. I've found a great fabric that replicated the Romo I swooned over and then had chest pains when I was informed of the price. Not having a clue on a good reupholsterer, I now have to do my homework on that. My husband has one near his office so we are going to meet for lunch on Thursday and I'll have my little rescue in tow for them to look over and price out the job.
Here are some photos of our day..I'm still needing to read up on the "Help" header to post pics differently but time has been precious and I didn't want to keep the fabric reveal waiting.
So how did I do comparing the Romo Manderley Fabric?

9 comments:

  1. Great chair with the prefect shape! Lucky you!

    I think your fabric choice is super fun, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fabric! I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you here!

    I am so glad you rescued the chair. . . and that fabric?? Absolutely wonderful! Won't that be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that fabric! Thanks for all your sweet comments!
    Take care
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This chair looks amazing!! Love the paint in the next post...have you finished it? Just stopped by your blog for the first time, sorry I didn't make it over here sooner!! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not yet! It' still at the shop...I may give them a call next week to check the status. I can so visualize it sitting in the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful chair!!! Cute blog. New follower. = ))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your 'new' chair is going to be FABULOUS! xoxo Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. wait, I just realized the date on this post! lol. Do you have a finished product pic? I bet it looks GREAT!! xoxo Shelli

    ReplyDelete