Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sophisticated and Feminine Touches For The Love That She Is!

I was in the area of my sister's office a couple of weeks ago and popped in to say "Hi". We were sitting in there chit-chatting and I can't help but to look around and revamp, update and declutter her space in my head. She recently became president of her travel tour company and deserves a wonderful, creative and efficient space. Susan is a dedicated worker, wonderful mom, wife, not to mention the friend and sister she is to me. I simply cherish her! So I went home and thought I'd figure this Polyvore Site out and see what I come up for her. Oh, what fun!



Find me on Polyvore
To help save the budget we would use her large desk and credenza with possibilties of refinishing them or painting them out. Susan has a large window that overlooks a co-workers desk and back.(Awkwardly placed but adds much needed natural light) To give both parties privacy and some separation I would like to use the black and white graphic fabric from Ikea to make banner like panels that can be partitioned closed or simply to breakup the mass of window with a rod and tracking. I first had thought a deep charcoal with suede texture for the wall behind the the desk where the credenza is and the starburst mirror would hang but Janell at Isabella and Max's Room is doing a chalkboard wall for her husband's office and thought maybe that could work for Susan as well. I am simply loving her project! The space I came up with has a look of sophistication and feminine touches through out. The pops of oranges should bring a smile to her face every morning.

I e-mailed Susan my thoughts and she liked it but because her schedule she is not quite as excited to delve into as I am!:( I'll have to work on her!! ;)

I apologize for not putting in links to the above mentioned blog. I'm truly still figuring this all out and hope to learn more of the ins and outs with time. But I do encougarge you to look it up and tour around her blog. It will not disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it would be a beautiful space to work! I love the fun pops of orange. You really need to get her to do this so we can see the "afters". :-)

    ReplyDelete