This is my project for our office that is on indefinite hold pending more investigation of fabrics. The hunt can be so fun! But that is a whole nether post when my sister I get together next Friday for shopping and lunch with no children. Hmm sounds delightful! I found a wonderful fabric through one of the blogs I follow, Real Estate Style. It's the Manderley by Romo Fabric, with olives, charcoals and a whole host of other greens. I called around several places and could only find one store that carried it here. So I e-mailed pics and fabric information and was floored by the cost per yard. I'm not a designer so I am clueless and naive on pricing. $166 per yard with an estimate "my little rescue" needs 7 yards to transform it in to the beauty I envision. I'm rethinking this fabric for many reasons. I have in mind now gray flannel and painting the woodwork a more pewter than the gray with a charcoal rub I had first thought. Sounds kind of ho-hum but I would pop it with a funky patterned lumbar pillow. A safe choice if I want to move the chair through out my home over the years.
I have an area rug that went off to the cleaners last week. We put it in storage last year when we got the pup. I'm most likely going to shop my house to get the space to a usable level. I do have my eye on the Ripple leather desk chair in ivory from C&B. Dreaming!! Aside from a lamp or two and prints that should complete the look for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment