My little chair has been across the river at the shop getting stripped of it's former fabric. The forecast is calling for some great weather and I''ve reduced my hours at work . Yeah!! So after dropping off the girls at school today I stopped for some caffine and then off to get my piece. I knew it was going to be rather ugly in this state but it's the next step to it's beautification. The paint store was the next stop to talk with the experts and select a color. Easy peezy!!!
As soon as arrived home, I hit the garage for tarp and supplies and got to sanding. I must say opening the can of paint was almost exciting as getting a new tube of lipstick. I love a new tube!! The paint glided on so smoothly. I almost wish I had more to paint. I was just getting started and the chair was complete. I have to wait 24 hrs and sand and recoat. I will have lots of paint left over so I may hit Craigslist to find a console for behind my couch.
Can't wait to see the ending results!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, getting a tube is like getting new lipstick. =)
Love all the outdoor pictures! The color of paint is so pretty, can't wait to see it finished!
ReplyDeleteTake care
Kristin
What a great chair! Your paint and fabric choices look fantastic together. It's going to be a beauty!
ReplyDelete