Thursday, June 3, 2010

Well That Was Some Hiatus!

I'm back..for now anyway. It takes me a bit to navigate here so I haven't carved out  time to make an entry. It also could be the fact that I'm not sure if I have much to say. I'm so amateur here compared to the talent in blogland. But I suppose I need to refocus and continue on why I started this blog.
The girls finished up school I took photos of some plantings I've been working on to welcome Summer.


I work at a pottery studio a few days a week and this is a little pot I did for my girl's Daisy Leader. I love art and plants and so does she! Perfect! I need to make one for me!! Those after all are my signature colors! The one on my porch was done with chalk board glaze that I did last year. We have fun changing out the messages through the seasons.
My hubby and I went on a vacation for a week to Grand Cayman Island. The island is lovely as  are the people. We are sure to go back and bring the girls. The beach was restful and I enjoyed alot of reading while my husband enjoyed his tunes but it wasn't the same without them. They insist the next time we go to the beach they are included. No argument here!

Every year my husband goes to the Indy 500 race with his buddies and over the years it has expanded into a golf trip as well so my sister and I have a "Girls Weekend". During the day we usually have activities with the kids and the evening are wonderful dinners or happy hours with close friends. We have a friend that comes to visit from California yearly that use to insist Missouri was a fly over state. We always enjoy proving him wrong and showing him some gems of our city. One was a fabulous restaurant that just opend in April named Peppe's Apt 2.  He was a  chef  my hubby and I use to enjoy down on Hampton Ave. I have some mobile uploads from friends camera phones but they do not do this little jewel justice. So that will be one of my entries in the weeks to come
Thanks for stopping by and oh..I almost forgot..my lil rescue..the saga continues. I was hoping to have it back before the end of May so my out of town guests could see it but the shop must be busy and  I never got a call. They gave me a fantastic price on the fabric so I'm in no  rush....it will be here soon enough and you know I won't wait for the reveal! (insert squeal here!!)


1 comment:

  1. I love that pot! It's SO cute! We should have made a sample of that!

    ReplyDelete